- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large piece of fresh fruit (anything in season!) cubed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 1 ½ cups yogurt (vanilla or plain works best)
- In a small skillet on medium heat, add walnuts and toast until golden (about 2 minutes)
- Melt butter in same skillet and add fresh fruit. Apples, pears, peaches, pineapple work great here! Gently cook the fruit until it is soft. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Warm maple syrup and vanilla over low heat. Cook until the syrup thickens. (just a minute or two)
- Serve fruit mixture on top of yogurt, sprinkle toasted walnuts and drizzle the maple syrup mixture over the top.
More from Healthy-Breakfast
It’s time to kick dieting to the curb. To find and maintain lifelong healthy weight, embrace lifestyle changes. Here are seven to start with.Read more