- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 large piece of fresh fruit (anything in season!) cubed
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp granola
- 1 ½ c yogurt (vanilla or plain works best)
- In a small skillet on medium heat, add walnuts and toast until golden (about 2 minutes)
- Melt butter in same skillet and add fresh fruit. Apples, pears, peaches, pineapple work great here! Gently cook the fruit until it is soft. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Warm maple syrup and vanilla over low heat. Cook until the syrup thickens. (just a minute or two)
- Serve fruit mixture on top of yogurt, sprinkle toasted walnuts and drizzle the maple syrup mixture over the top.