It soothes a sore throat and coughs, warms the body and breaks fevers, quells nausea, and boosts digestion and fight stomach bugs to boot.
Try it with honey and fresh lemon.
What You Need
- 1-inch chunk fresh ginger, thinly sliced or grated (no need to peel)
- 16 ounces boiling water
- optional ingredients:
- 1 heaping tablespoon of honey
- 2 squeezed fresh lemon wedges
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- Prepare ginger
- Put in thermos with optional ingredients of choice
- Pour in boiling water and cover
- Let sit 30-60 minutes before drinking.