1 heart of romaine lettuce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
freshly ground black pepper
blue cheese crumbles
1) Cut the romaine heart in half lengthwise.
2) Trim the stem end a little, if you wish, but be sure not to cut too much–all the leaves need to stay attached.
3) Heat your grill.
4) Oil lightly with olive oil.
5) Once it’s hot, put one romaine half on it, two if they will fit.
6) Grill or press the lettuce down lightly.
7) Cook for about 2 or 3 minutes, until lettuce has begun to wilt and grill marks to appear; then, turn over and grill for another 2 minutes.
8) Place on two plates, cut side up, and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sunflower seeds, blue cheese crumbles and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
9) Serve while still warm.